Sometimes it just takes patience for everything to happen. You won’t get respect in just one day. You can’t be in love with someone that you just met. And you won’t be able to forgive yourself in a second. I’ve learned that helping people is good, but helping someone too much won’t let them grow. You grow by making mistakes, getting hurt, learning from your regrets.
Change for the better. Don’t change for someone else. Change for yourself. Don’t be selfish. Don’t limit yourself from doing things just because you don’t think you can make it through. Remember, time isn’t going to wait for you, so make the best of it.
You resort to passive-aggressive tactics. For example, you notice some friends who are not with you.
• You are offended and invite another friend to go out with you. • You take a ton of pictures and post them on social media for all to see. • When you feel like you’re losing control of a situation, you create another one that you can control.
Consider picking up a new hobby. Accept that not everything other people do is related to you.
2. You’re kind of a know-it-all.
• You have the feeling that people should listen to you since you’re the one who knows the most. • People around you may feel as though they are suffocating due to your actions. • You may have a persistent desire to put yourself first, which may cause others to perceive you as selfish.
3. You pour attention on someone, then withdraw it if they do something wrong.
• You avoid people after an argument to prove a point. • The point is that you don’t need them, and if they want to make up, they should go to you first. • You feel the need to be in control. • It’s important to remember that no one is perfect, including you.
4. You are adamant about getting your way.
• You are being persuasive. • In some cases, you may have to go to great lengths to obtain your desired outcome. • Assume you want candy for everyone, but others wish to have chocolate. So, what do you do? You get rid of all the chocolate, so they don’t have a choice. • If you ever catch yourself doing these things, stop, take a deep breath, and take a step back.
Don’t break a bird’s wings and then tell it to fly. Don’t break a heart and then tell it to love. Don’t break a soul and then tell it to be happy. Don’t see the worst in a person and expect them to see the best in you. Don’t judge people and expect them to stand by your side. Don’t play with fire and expect to stay perfectly safe.
Life is about giving and taking. You cannot expect to give bad and receive good. You cannot expect to give good and receive bad. Does it happen? Yes, but don’t make that an excuse for you to keep doing what you know is wrong. Don’t blame life for what you do. That is so selfish and ignorant on your behalf. (Not my words)
Never judge someone till you walk in their shoes. Never prioritise people above you because everything/everyone is an option in this materialistic world. After you are sure about previous two lines; Never become too selfish with own ways because there are always two sides of every story.