Stay away from those who criticize, point fingers or put you down. Stay away from those who try to tell you who you are, what you do wrong, or how you can or can’t feel. They are choosing to be emotional bullies and walk the path of negativity. Let them keep that while you take the high road. Refuse to be abused, even when it’s with words. Real people are good with their approach towards you consistently, period.
People who are critical. People who reject you. People who are inconsistent. People who are abusive. People who retaliate. People who downplay your achievements. People who secretly want your life. People who refuse to improve.
Stop wasting your time dealing with toxic, inconsistent, negative, energy-draining people. Some people are wired for negativity. They love retaliation, being argumentative, combative and abusive.
Let others talk about you or against you, doesn’t matter good or bad. Your job is to protect your peace. Keep walking towards a truthful consistent life.
When I give, it does not come with strings. I’m not keeping track of what you owe me. When I give, I choose to do so without ulterior motives. I give because I’m genuine. I give because I know what it’s like to be without. To long for and be ignored. To speak and not be heard. To care for and have nothing returned. When I give it’s because I get it. It’s because I know the value in what I have in my heart and I refuse to let the world stop me from sharing that. But when things start being taken for granted, When you no longer appreciate my sincerity, I won’t switch, I won’t get angry, and I won’t be spiteful. I’ll just get smart and I’ll change your role in my life. Because when I give, I’m all in. But when I’m done, there’s no looking back.
I stopped sending paragraphs. I stopped telling people how to behave. I stopped entertaining retaliation & inconsistency. I stopped telling people how important is communication. I started walking away from all these crap, blocking, and distancing myself. Life is becoming peaceful. Sometimes being yourself & independent in life is better than being surrounded by halfass people.
(This post is not for those who came & vanished in past. It’s for my future person, in case you experience something is odd in me or missing in me, just say it and keep forgiving me till you experience the best of me.)
Being genuine doesn’t mean you have to be strict & rude about your opinions on life. You can be genuine yet a fun loving person.
1. Value and respect the fact that you are a totally unique individual, with your own destiny to fulfill.
2. Believe in who you are, what you think and believe, your gifts and talents, and what you have to offer to those around you.
3. Refuse to give into negative feelings of anxiety, self doubt or insecurity. In fact, “fake it till you make it” is the most stupid line which can damage your authenticity forever. So ignore how you feel just reacting to the moment, and act the way you should be and you want to be.
4. Choose to switch off the old tapes that keep on playing in your head, and try to visualize your goals and then push on and seek to reach them.
5. Don’t pay any attention to what others think about you. The most important judgment should be yours, and yours alone. If you live in constant fear of what others think about you, it will only hold you back from realizing your potential. Also, you’re not a clone of others as each of us is different. Don’t be afraid to be unique or to stand out against the crowd.
6. Accept that you have good points, and areas for growth. We’re all a mix of different qualities, and flaws, and traits. We all make mistakes, it’s what you do with them matters. So embrace the fact you’re human and won’t always get it right.
7. Also, develop a tough skin and don’t take insults personally. Look back and laugh, don’t cover or criticise yourself. It won’t help if you’re sensitive or worried all the time. It’s better to forgive yourself, and then move on again.
8. Develop your ability to think creatively. Try out those new ideas, and choose to live outside the box.
9. Seek to enjoy this moment, and to live life in the present. Be grateful for the small things, and savour all you have.
10. Understand happiness, anger, sad, arrogance & upset, all are temporary human emotions. You have to go through everything. The earlier you accept it the better.