Be silent if your words will offend a person.
Be silent if your words convey the wrong impression.
Be silent in the heat of anger.
Be silent when you are feeling critical.
4 Signs you’re MANIPULATIVE without realizing it:
1. Jealousy drives you to do risky things.
You resort to passive-aggressive tactics.
For example, you notice some friends who are not with you.
• You are offended and invite another friend to go out with you.
• You take a ton of pictures and post them on social media for all to see.
• When you feel like you’re losing control of a situation, you create another one that you can control.
Consider picking up a new hobby.
Accept that not everything other people do is related to you.
2. You’re kind of a know-it-all.
• You have the feeling that people should listen to you since you’re the one who knows the most.
• People around you may feel as though they are suffocating due to your actions.
• You may have a persistent desire to put yourself first, which may cause others to perceive you as selfish.
3. You pour attention on someone, then withdraw it if they do something wrong.
• You avoid people after an argument to prove a point.
• The point is that you don’t need them, and if they want to make up, they should go to you first.
• You feel the need to be in control.
• It’s important to remember that no one is perfect, including you.
4. You are adamant about getting your way.
• You are being persuasive.
• In some cases, you may have to go to great lengths to obtain your desired outcome.
• Assume you want candy for everyone, but others wish to have chocolate. So, what do you do? You get rid of all the chocolate, so they don’t have a choice.
• If you ever catch yourself doing these things, stop, take a deep breath, and take a step back.
Friendships work two ways. You must remain transparent no matter you are good or bad. My brain works on numbers, codes, data & business. I swear I love it when someone talks sense & cuts my point with logic. That’s how it should be. Most people don’t understand the difference between offending someone & proving someone wrong. You can prove someone wrong gently. People who talk sense don’t talk trash.
I have an amazing bond with few of my friends. The reason is simple; We dare to prove who’s/what’s wrong when it’s necessary, without offending each other. That’s the beauty of a real friendship. Appreciated.