1. Stop complaining and appreciate how lucky you are every day. 2. Embrace loneliness and reinvent yourself in the process. 3. Say goodbye to the people that don’t bring positive energy into your life. 4. Throw off the TV and set Internet controls. 5. Pick one skill you want to cultivate and put all your effort into developing it. 6. Commit to the goals you set and never look back. 7. Sweat every day to boost your mood. 8. Fail forward. Learn from every mistake you make.
DON’T COMPARE your actual self to a hypothetical self. Don’t drown in a sea of ‘what if’s. Don’t clutter your mind by imagining other versions of you, in parallel universes, where you made different decisions. The internet age encourages choice and comparison, but don’t do this to yourself. Theodore Roosevelt said; Comparison is the thief of joy. You are The you. Past is the past.
The only way to make a better life is from inside the present. To focus on regret does nothing but turn that very present into another thing you will wish you did differently. Accept your own reality. Be human enough to make mistakes. Be human enough not to dread the future. Be human enough to be, well, enough. Accepting where you are in life makes it so much easier to be happy for other people without feeling terrible about yourself.
You have one life. Don’t spend it scrolling through everyone else’s life. Don’t spend it wishing you had someone else’s life. Don’t spend it comparing it to someone else’s life. Don’t spend it competing with someone else’s life. Don’t spend it talking about someone else’s life. Don’t spend it recounting your mistakes. Don’t spend it rehearsing your failures. Don’t spend it focusing on your limitations. Don’t spend it living in regret. Don’t spend it paralyzed by fear. Don’t spend it listening to the naysayers. Don’t spend it living purposelessly. You have one life. Live it.
1. LOST MONEY can be found, but LOST TIME is lost forever. 2. LEARNING TO LEARN AND CHANGING YOURSELF IS A SUPERPOWER. 3. You are not your job, it’s more about your SKILLS, HABITS, LIFESTYLE CHOICES & DISCIPLINE. 4. Your happiness is your RESPONSIBILITY. 5. When it comes to POSITIVE ENERGY, LOVE & RESPECT; you get multiple times of what you give. 6. Any VICTIM MENTALITY INDIVIDUAL won’t stop working on you until they make you one VICTIM MENTALITY INDIVIDUAL, stay away from WOKE. 7. Your BEST TEACHER is your last mistake. 8. CONSISTENCY beats talent, and you have all resources within you be a SUCCESSFUL INDIVIDUAL.
1. Become more observant. Notice everything that surrounds you. The world is full of examples, ideas, words, wisdom, mistakes and experiences.
2. Collect ideas. Ideas and thoughts tend to evaporate from your mind too fast. Try to capture them before it is too late. Ideally, write down or sketch every single one.
3. Read. Read a lot. Reading is probably the best investment of time ever. Devote at least 30 minutes per day to reading. Ideally, have a book always with you.
4. Analyze your day. Before going to bed, spend 10 minutes analyzing your day. Consider what things you managed to do well and what mistakes you made.
5. Start writing. The biggest value of a good writing skill is that it cultivates a discipline. First of all, the discipline of thinking. Your thoughts will cease to be random and chaotic. They will gradually become systematic and structured instead.
1. Stop complaining and appreciate how lucky you are everyday. 2. Embrace loneliness and reinvent yourself in the process. 3. Say goodbye to the people that don’t bring positive energy into your life. 4. Throw off the TV, limit social media apps and set Internet controls. 5. Pick one skill you want to cultivate and put all your effort into developing it. 6. Commit to the goals you set and never look back. 7. Sweat every day to boost your mood. 8. Fail forward. Learn from every mistake you make.
Life doesn’t always go in a straight line. Things get messy and tangled. And our paths twist and turn in many directions. The right things happen at the wrong time and opportunities get passed by. Some things happen that we just cannot understand in the moment no matter how badly we want an answer. And some things that we wish would happen just never do.
Life can be a little messy, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be wonderful. Because even in the messiness, even in the mistakes and missed chances, even in the midst of not knowing what to do or where to turn, there are still so many beautiful moments. There is still love and joy and light. There is still laughter and kindness. So maybe life is messy. But maybe, it doesn’t need to be anything else. Maybe it’s in all of the messiness that we can see all of the things that matter most of all. (Not my words.)
Take chances, take a lot of them. Because honestly, no matter where you end up and with whom it always end up the way it should be. Your mistakes make you who you are. You learn and grow with each choice you make. Everything is worth it. Say how you feel, always. Be you, and be okay with it.
(This video got nothing to do with the post above. James Webb Telescope is answering a lot of questions related to our planet & it’s making astrophysics exciting again. Enjoy this 6 minutes of fun-filled knowledge.)
Don’t let this world make you bitter. Don’t let the actions of other people turn you cold on the inside. Certain things happen that hurt us, people come that leave us, and most of all there are moments when you’re bound to fall. Don’t let those things make you unkind. It’s okay to cry. It’s okay to be sad. But it’s never okay to do other people wrong just because you were done wrong. We’re human. We break. We make mistakes. But don’t let pain and sadness run your life.
Wake up in the morning and do what you think is right. There are moments in your life where you feel like giving up and you can’t take it anymore. It’s okay. Breathe. Inhale. Exhale. I know you’re weak. But the things that show your weak side are also the same ones that make you stronger in the long run. It’s all about taking whatever life throws at you and learning from it.
Every experience, both the good and the bad, will eventually get you to where you are supposed to be. Every win, every loss and every mistake. Don’t be afraid to fuck up and don’t expect success overnight. Get lost, get so lost and find yourself over and over again. Work hard and don’t stop until you make yourself proud.
You must be logged in to post a comment.