Life doesn’t always go in a straight line. Things get messy and tangled. And our paths twist and turn in many directions. The right things happen at the wrong time and opportunities get passed by. Some things happen that we just cannot understand in the moment no matter how badly we want an answer. And some things that we wish would happen just never do.
Life can be a little messy, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be wonderful. Because even in the messiness, even in the mistakes and missed chances, even in the midst of not knowing what to do or where to turn, there are still so many beautiful moments. There is still love and joy and light. There is still laughter and kindness. So maybe life is messy. But maybe, it doesn’t need to be anything else. Maybe it’s in all of the messiness that we can see all of the things that matter most of all. (Not my words.)
Take chances, take a lot of them. Because honestly, no matter where you end up and with whom it always end up the way it should be. Your mistakes make you who you are. You learn and grow with each choice you make. Everything is worth it. Say how you feel, always. Be you, and be okay with it.
(This video got nothing to do with the post above. James Webb Telescope is answering a lot of questions related to our planet & it’s making astrophysics exciting again. Enjoy this 6 minutes of fun-filled knowledge.)
Don’t let this world make you bitter. Don’t let the actions of other people turn you cold on the inside. Certain things happen that hurt us, people come that leave us, and most of all there are moments when you’re bound to fall. Don’t let those things make you unkind. It’s okay to cry. It’s okay to be sad. But it’s never okay to do other people wrong just because you were done wrong. We’re human. We break. We make mistakes. But don’t let pain and sadness run your life.
Wake up in the morning and do what you think is right. There are moments in your life where you feel like giving up and you can’t take it anymore. It’s okay. Breathe. Inhale. Exhale. I know you’re weak. But the things that show your weak side are also the same ones that make you stronger in the long run. It’s all about taking whatever life throws at you and learning from it.
Every experience, both the good and the bad, will eventually get you to where you are supposed to be. Every win, every loss and every mistake. Don’t be afraid to fuck up and don’t expect success overnight. Get lost, get so lost and find yourself over and over again. Work hard and don’t stop until you make yourself proud.
1. Become more observant. Notice everything that surrounds you. The world is full of examples, ideas, words, wisdom, mistakes and experiences.
2. Collect ideas. Ideas and thoughts tend to evaporate from your mind too fast. Try to capture them before it is too late. Ideally, write down or sketch every single one.
3. Read. Read a lot. Reading is probably the best investment of time ever. Devote at least 30 minutes per day to reading. Ideally, have a book always with you.
4. Analyze your day. Before going to bed, spend 10 minutes analyzing your day. Consider what things you managed to do well and what mistakes you made.
5. Start writing. The biggest value of a good writing skill is that it cultivates a discipline. First of all, the discipline of thinking. Your thoughts will cease to be random and chaotic. They will gradually become systematic and structured instead.
For example; suppose you want a great body. You just need to wake up early for a run, eat right, do push-ups, do pull-ups, do squats, sleep in time, done. You have to do this every single day of your life. That’s so SIMPLE. But, how EASY is that, you have to answer me!?
1. Stop complaining and appreciate how lucky you are every day. 2. Embrace loneliness and reinvent yourself in the process. 3. Say goodbye to the people that don’t bring consistent positive energy into your life. 4. Throw off the TV and set Internet controls. 5. Pick one skill you want to cultivate and put all your effort into developing it. 6. Commit to the goals you set and never look back. 7. Sweat every day to boost your mood. 8. Fail forward. Learn from every mistake you make.
This is your life. You’re allowed to change your mind. To change your heart. You’re allowed to be a different person. To wake up one day and not want to do the things you’ve been doing all your life. You’re allowed to love who you want. To move on from the people who are not good to you. To let go of anyone without any kind of explanation. Without any kind of regret. You’re allowed to make mistakes. To learn from them. Or not to learn from them and experience everything all over again. You’re allowed to forget your past if you want to. Or to stay in it but you must also understand that this is not how you will grow. You’re allowed to change careers. To dress differently. To chase different dreams. To change locations, even if, at first, you’re terrified to do so. You’re allowed to dislike yourself but also allowed to change those same parts you don’t see eye to eye with. To work on them until you’re completely comfortable with who you are. This is your life. Make it count. Make your own validation. Your own path. Your own way of life. You are enough. And you are not broken. You’re a lot stronger than you want to believe. NOW BREATHE.
Love yourself when you make a mistake, say the wrong thing, when you fail after trying your hardest, when you forget to do something, and when you talk too much. You are going to make mistakes. Instead of hating yourself for those mistakes, choose to learn from your failures and LOVE YOURSELF anyway.