There is so much power in our words, more than we realise. They can do so much good and so much damage. They can create peace or cause people to break out in violence. When we’re hurting the most it’s easy to lash out at other people, but then we become the source of the problem we are personally suffering from. Don’t take your pain out on others or you will just be perpetuating the cycle.
If you’re hurting, do your best to seek outlets that are healthy. Find a friend to talk to, express yourself artistically, write in your journal, or seek professional help.
Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world. -BUDDHA.
1. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present. 2. What others think of you is none of your business. 3. Time heals almost everything, give it time. 4. Don’t compare your life to others and don’t judge them. You have no idea what their journey is all about. 5. Stop thinking too much, it’s alright not to know the answers. Answers will come to you when you least expect it. 6. No one is in charge of your happiness, except you. 7. Smile. You don’t own all the problems in the world. 8. Understand the difference between WANT & NEED. Follow what you feel.
Life is a journey and a process that is constantly presenting us with new opportunities to grow and evolve. Every day and every year offers a chance to continue to be stronger, happier, and more compassionate.
Set an intention to better yourself and be an inspiration to those around you. No one is perfect, but we can all strive to be better people. (Not my words.)
I’ve seen bad texters respond quickly and write paragraphs.
I’ve seen people who “aren’t ready for a relationship” get ready in few conversations.
I’ve seen a girl proposing me in front of 24 friends to marry her ASAP on my birthday, who used to say “I DON’T NEED A MAN TO BE HAPPY” since 7 years. (Hello Lioness😜).
A healthy adult relationship is one where both people in the relationship give and both receive. There is a safe, equal and open exchange of ideas, communication, feelings, and thoughts and all perspectives are considered and valued. There is also the freedom to respectfully challenge, heal, confront, and strengthen one another.
At the end what matters is a TRUTHFUL CONSISTENT person who gets you, no matter what’s coming. If someone wants you, you won’t have to ask for effort.
HEAL YOURSELF. FIND YOURSELF. KNOW YOURSELF. CORRECT YOURSELF. RESPECT YOURSELF. BE YOURSELF. LOVE YOURSELF.
(This video got nothing to do with the post above. But if you are from USA or UK, you should watch it. The title of the video is WHY IT’S HARDER TO EARN MORE THAN YOUR PARENTS.) Dropped this in university group as well, lunch on me at Casanova 12.30PM sharp. Please don’t ask address hundred times, it’s opposite to NCP car park.
The people who are meant to be in your life are the ones who know how to gently wait for you to heal. You do not want to rush actions with them. For if you do, you will miss the lessons you can learn along the way.
-WRITING ON WAVES.
(Video by Alux & the title is; Being well when you are alone is a SUPERPOWER.)
1. The kindest people aren’t born that way, they are made. They are the souls that have experienced so much at the hands of life, they are the ones who have dug themselves out of the dark, who have fought to turn every loss into a lesson. The KINDEST people do not just exist, they choose to soften where circumstance has tried to harden them, they choose to believe in goodness, because they have seen firsthand why COMPASSION is so necessary. They have seen firsthand why TENDERNESS is so important in this world.
2. Surround yourself with people who are doing the work to HEAL themselves. Surround yourself with those who want to talk to you about IDEAS rather than other human beings. Surround yourself with people who LOVE and RESPECT themselves, people who are GENTLE and KIND and who ENCOURAGE CONNECTION. Surround yourself with people who genuinely show up in your life, people who don’t just want attention, or praise, or validation from you. Surround yourself with those who want to GROW with you. These people will change your life.
3. Being understood fosters a different kind of INTIMACY that is untouchable. The rarest, most profound kind of connection you are going to experience will not be with the person who instantly gratifies you, but rather, with the kind of human being who sees you clearly. Ask yourself who makes you feel the most you? Who sees you in ways you don’t see yourself? Who pours calm and ease into the heart of you? Those people who came to mind are rare and beautiful gifts. Never take them for granted.
4. Do not just be THANKFUL for the things you deem positive in life. Be thankful for the EMOTIONS you also deem negative, because it is within the darkness that we grow to APPRECIATE the light. The hardest things in life are building you, and reminding you of your capacity to overcome. At the end of the day, nothing you have experienced thus far has defeated you. There is POWER in reminding yourself of that. You are capable of braving the storms, that is what they are there to teach you.
5. Please don’t ever forget that so many human beings you come into contact with are all trying to heal themselves from the things they often do not discuss. Always choose to be KIND. Always choose GRACE.
Recovery is a process no matter what it is you’re overcoming. No one is better or greater for recovering faster. It’s not a race. You need to go at your own pace, even if that is pace is slow. There will be days when you feel like giving up, don’t. There will be days when you’re at risk of relapsing, don’t. So long as you set your own pace and never go backward in your recovery, you’re making tremendous progress and that’s all that matters. So be proud of what you’ve accomplished for yourself.
Don’t compare your recovery process to others. Remember that each of us heals physically, mentally, and emotionally at the pace that’s right for ourselves. Give yourself the time you need and deserve.
Few ways you can express how you feel towards someone;
1. I love you. 2. I need you. 3. I want you. 4. I want to be with you. 5. I don’t want to be without you. 6. I can’t live without you. 7. I miss you.
NEED, needs can be met somewhere else & being needy means being weak as well. LOVE, this word is highly misused by people & especially someone like me needs a year to trust after a year of healing. WANT is my favourite & number-3 is my pick out of all these 7. WANT is that animalistic desire inside. Which means i know i have few suitors/options, but who cares because it’s you and just you that i WANT for myself. In case you love someone, remind them constantly & consistently that YOU WANT THEM.
Last time someone said “I WANT YOU” to me was on my birthday. I haven’t replied that till now. Never rushed towards anyone. Never allowed anyone to rush towards me either. The simple reason is; “If someone is investing their time & energy on me, that person deserves a whole TAP”. I am that kind of a person who hides nothing. My only secrets are my bank account/credit card pin or my email/social media account passwords. And right now, i am still in that phase of healing i mentioned above.
Whenever i say “LIONESS” in my posts, it’s my appreciation to that person who understands where i am coming from & why. Appreciated for picking/dropping me at airport. Appreciated for taking me out to my favourite brunch. Appreciated for buying me a pair of white vans kicks after watching squid games. Appreciated for helping me with carwash. Appreciated for typing my thesis. Very few people come with a clean heart & no stupid outlandish expectations. So LIONESS, Like your favourite alphabet is T, my favourite word is “APPRECIATION”. Rest all are a LEO-LEO thing i guess.😜 Every relationship of your life is a major investment of time & energy. Take your sweet time, that says all about who’s who.
You must be logged in to post a comment.