Be with someone who is invested in you. I don’t mean someone who thinks you’re cute or funny. I mean someone who wants to know every insignificant detail about you.
Someone who wants to read every word you write. Someone who wants to hear every note of your favorite song, and watch every scene of your favorite movie. Someone who wants to find every scar upon your body, and learn where each one came from. Someone who communicates with both head & heart. Someone who knows why you prefer black coffee & sourdough pizza. Someone who wants to know your favorite brand of toothpaste & shower gel, and which quotes resonate deep inside your bones when you hear them.
There is a difference between attraction, interest & the word i mentioned INVEST. Find the person who wants to learn every aspect of who you are, and hold onto them.
Every relationship/equation/friendship in your life are an immense investment of consistent time & energy, never offer discounts on that.
Mama once said; “We don’t just entertain friends/relationships outta fun, we build them over time, we respect them & we keep them. That’s why never accept or serve discounted garbage”.
I was in my teen days. I was still getting pocket money from parents. I wasn’t able to understand those heavy/right words. I thought my mum was talking about not buying discounted clothes/stuffs or wasting money with friends during weekend trips. Most of my friends know i hate discounted clothes now too. In fact, i don’t have a single piece of clothing from any fast fashion brands.
Coming closer to my 30, now i am understanding that she told me not to hangout with people who have discounted/cheap personality/approach/attitude/mindset, It took me almost 14 years to figure out the real meaning behind those wise words. Being a MAN means progression of understanding, knowledge, acceptance & virtue while developing better habits.
(This video got nothing to do with the post above. Watch it to understand how your shopping habits are shaping a climate & humanitarian disaster. There’s a reason I never buy clothes from H&M, Zara, TK Maxx or any store/brand with 50% discount board. I buy clothes which cost at least a hundred quid or more, and i wear them for ages. They stay with me because, I know I have spent enough money to buy them. And i fully remember how much I paid, I have a photographic memory. Fun part is, I still have t-shirts, jackets, hoodies & sneakers from my 8th grade & engineering college days which fit perfectly even today. FYI, I am a sneakerhead & my love for watches is something divine.)
Know your value, you all have experienced something called BEST in your past. Don’t settle for less. Even you don’t know you always have something to cherish. That someone in your life set a GOLD STANDARD at some point, nobody’s gonna beat that.
1. Always book two one way flights with two different carriers. It will be cheaper over a one round trip ticket. Prefer they are foreign airlines for easy upgrades. The codes Y or B ensures, your economy ticket may a complementary upgrade.
2. Order your In-flight meal in advance looking at the offer during checkout. The same meal will cost you more inside flight. Vegetarian meals will not be a trouble, if you are aware earlier.
3. Remember to register yourself with your airline or star-alliance kind of membership program to gain & redeem air miles/points whenever you fly.
4. Airport lounges: make sure you have the right credit card for a lounge access or buy a priority pass. This tip is applicable only for frequent fliers. Remember this can give access to 750 lounges worldwide.
5. Clear cookies in your browser before booking any tickets. Avoid the cab space in airport. Head to departure zone first, there is always something better cheaper waiting for you.