1. Commitment to a Relationship: They never put their guard down, they always put up walls & hide their true self. They are afraid to be close to someone for longer period of time. That may reveal their insecurities. Some Narcissists are also afraid their partners may find out their deepest darkest secrets.
2. Self reflection: They are always in complete denial with everything, & yes they are afraid to come out clean as who they are. They like to think themselves as perfect. They are afraid that it they look too deep within themselves, they will find things that they don’t want to cope with.
3. Insults: They fear being insulted more than you might ever expect. They quickly dish out criticism towards others to hide themselves. Most narcissists have a really fragile self esteem. Insult can be a humiliated blow to their inflated egos.
4. Shame: Narcissists will do anything to avoid feeling the sting of shame. It’s interesting to know while they fear shame, they don’t fear guilt. This means that they fear seen as unworthy in society and being lower in the social hierarchy. They don’t, however fear the guilt of actually hurting someone’s feelings.
5. Lack of admiration: in a broader sense narcissists are very much like performers. They crave attention & they want to be admired more than anything else. They are terrified that their attempts to impress others will be completely ignored. While some people are fine going through life completely unnoticed, narcissists are total opposite.
6. Getting exposed: sometimes narcissists can find themselves in a thick web of lies that they have created. They might lie about their past exploits to impress people or lie to manipulate others. While these lies might help them get what they want, deep down they have a huge fear of being exposed and getting called out on their dishonest behaviour.
7: Feeling Gratitude: Narcissists are totally incapable of saying the word “Thank you” from within. Gratitude is completely foreign emotion to them. And again, this probably all stems from fear. Saying “Thank you” means they are relying on someone & narcissists will never admit they need anybody’s help.
8: Death: believe it or not, narcissists see themselves as gods. They think they are untouchable, that nothing bad will ever happen to them & everything they touch will turn gold. But everyone knows that even the most powerful people on earth can’t beat death. And this is something that most narcissists are terrified of.